Sunday, March 20, 2011

One Liners Ipod Playlist


So I had another idea for a playlist. This one is composed of the songs that I think have some of the hardest-hitting single lines or couplets in my entire inventory. I'm just getting started with this one, but here's what I've got so far:

I Hope You Dance, Leann Womack (this song was actually the inspiration for the entire list): "When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

I Got a Name, Jim Croce: "And I carry a name just like my Daddy did, but I'm living the dream that he kept hid"

Living on a Prayer, Bon Jovi: "Take my hand, we'll make it I swear"

Leader of the Band, Dan Fogelberg: "Papa I don't think I said 'I love you' near enough"

Better Days, Goo Goo Dolls: "'Cause I don't need boxed wrapped in strings and designer love and empty things, just a chance that maybe we'll find better days",
AND: "And the one poor child who saved this world and there's ten million more that probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them"

Imagine, John Lennon: "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one."

Pride (in the Name of Love), U2: "They took your life, they could not take your Pride"

A Boy Named Sue, Johnny Cash: "You ought to thank me before I die for the gravel in your gut and the spit in your eye, 'cause I'm the son of a bitch that named you Sue"

Hurt, Nine Inch Nails: "I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel"

Fix You, Coldplay: "Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones"

Our House, Crosby Stills & Nash: "Life used to be so hard, now everything is easy 'cause of you."

Good Man, India.Arie: "Your daddy lived for you and your daddy died for you and I'd do the same"

I'm going to keep looking for more, but not tonight.
Share on Facebook

No comments: