Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blast from the Past #LAGalaxy

I was cleaning my closet and I found this thing, a handkerchief maybe? In any case, it looks like this:
Los Angeles Galaxy handkerchief 1996

The funniest thing about this, though, is that on this Los Angeles Galaxy hanky thing is a picture of the dearly departed, but hopefully not forgotten Twizzle! Twizzle was a logo idea that the marketing geniuses within the Galaxy organization thought up back in 1996. Twizzle seemed like a great idea at the time until the fans of the team, who had a surprisingly biting sense of humor, started referring to him as a giant spinning carrot (or yam, depending on which fan you were listening to).

Here's Twizzle:
Twizzle, the giant spinning carrot

Fans of the team who go back that far should appreciate this little blast from the past. Hehehehe. Reminds me of my old moniker on the Galaxy discussion lists, "El Tanque". Those were the days.

No comments: