Sunday, September 2, 2012

Great Songs I Found Playlist


There must have been a period of four or five years where I was unable to do anything but listen to the music on the crappy popular music stations around here (North Bay Area). Either that or listen to songs I already had on my Ipod from years past. A very limited musical existence, to be sure. Recently, though, I've discovered a wealth of music mainly through two sources, Pandora and Itunes. I thought I'd share some of it with you, with links so you can try these songs out for yourself.. These are my favorites that I've found recently, even if the song isn't very new.

Phoenix - 1901, Lisztomania, If I Ever Feel Better
Metric - Help I'm Alive, Empty
Jets Overhead - Heading for Nowhere
Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
Death Cab for Cutie - Monday Morning, Cath...
The Kooks - Junk of the Heart (Happy)
Miike Snow - Song For No One
Stars - Dead Hearts
Sleigh Bells - Infinity Guitars
Kings of Leon - On Call, Knocked Up
Paramore - The Only Exception
MGMT - Time to Pretend, Kids
Pinback - Good to Sea
Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye
The Temper Trap - Love Lost, Sweet Disposition
The Strokes - Reptilia, Take it or Leave it, Last Nite
Surfer Blood - Floating Vibes
Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know
The Whitest Boy Alive - Burning
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
The Shins - Girl Sailor
We Became Actors - Knights of the Bright Side
The Xx - Intro
Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks
Zero 7 - In the Waiting Line
Young the Giant - Garands


7 comments:

Jo said...

There is not one song on that list that I believe I have ever heard.
I'm so freakin' old.

Kyle said...

One of the reasons I posted this is that I would never have found these songs without seeking them out myself. But there is a wealth of music out there once you start looking. Pandora and Itunes make this easier by suggesting songs to you based on songs you already like.

Unknown said...

Very cool. Thanks for bringing light to this music!!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

NiceInOhio said...

Umm...I'm with JO.
I am not familiar with ANY of these!
I am, however, copying the list to check them out.

Anonymous said...

When you hear an old favorite, are you instantly transported to a moment from long ago?

Kyle said...

Lee, give a listen. You'll at least know if you like the same kind of music I do.

Elizabeth - I have that experience with many songs, but not all. It all depends on whether I have a connected memory.

Brenda Stevens said...

wow whata cool idea to link them all; listened to Xx and loved the melody but the images made me sad..tear up i did. It made me thankful i don't live in the city.